I am a snacker. Especially in the middle afternoon between 2-4:30, I get the munchies. It is probably my least energetic time. At any other time of day I can be pretty good about making healthy choices in eating. But that mid-afternoon slump hits and all I want is sugar! Lots and lots of sugar. Plus chocolate. Chocolate is so good!
To help give myself a better boost of energy I decided to make some almond butter no bake energy bites. They have just 6 ingredients and are full of protein and take just a few minutes to make. I like them because they are just sweet enough to satisfy, rich enough feel indulgent, and healthful enough to make me feel nourished.
Plus they are so simple to make and keep well in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 2/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1 cup oatmeal (I used quick oats)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 3-4 TBL honey
- 2 TBL cocoa
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix the ingredients together until well incorporated
- Roll into 1 inch balls
- place on a tray lined with waxed paper
- refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks
- Separate layers of energy bites with waxed paper