My Blackberry Crumble Bars were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine
Every summer we like to take a walk along the woods by our house and see the wild blackberries and pick a few. It is never quite enough to make a dessert, but I always gets me in the mood for sweets make with blackberries.
scroll down for the giveaway
What are Blackberry Crumble Bars?
My blackberry bars are like eating blackberry cobbler with your hands. They are ooey gooey good like a cobbler but they are firm enough to cut into bars and serve.
They also have a completely diving buttery crust and a sprinkled crumb topping. My family raved about them and we have started taking them on picnics.
How do you make Blackberry Crumb Bars?
My recipe begins by making an easy homemade blackberry jam on the stove. You could use a store bought jam, but I like that I can control what goes into this jam. Plus it turns out just sweet enough.
How to make the Blackberry Filling (Can use a prepared blackberry jam)
- Place the blackberries in a large saucepan
- Over medium heat, heat the berries until just warm
- remove from heat
- Mash with a potato masher. This is fun to do, but be careful not to splash. The juice is hot!
- Add sugar and return to a medium heat
- bring to a boil while stirring
- Once the mixture is boiling, boil for 4 minutes while stirring
- Be careful to not let it boil over
- Cool completely (This could take about an hour). I did speed it up a bit in by placing the pan in the refrigerator.
How to make the Buttery Crust:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- Beat on low until crumbly and will stick together when pressed
- Press 3/4 of the mixture into prepared baking pan
- Spread the Blackberry filling over the crust (can use store bought blackberry jam)
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over the filling with your fingers
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden
- Cool before cutting
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired
Super shout out to Dixie Crystals for sending my white sugar and powdered sugar to help make these amazing crumble bars. And to Wilton for the really cute baking pan they sent me. It really makes the blackberry bars look terrific.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S'Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise
More delicious dessert recipes:
Blackberry Crumble Bars
like a blackberry cobbler you can eat with your hands
- 2 cups blackberries (about 12 oz)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Blackberry Filling (Can use a prepared blackberry jam)
Place the blackberries in a large saucepan
Over medium heat, heat the berries until just warm
remove from heat
Mash with a potato masher
Add sugar and return to a medium heat
bring to a boil while stirring
Once the mixture is boiling, boil for 4 minutes while stirring
Be careful to not let it boil over
Cool completely (This could take about an hour)
Preheat oven to 375
Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray
Cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy
Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
Beat on low until crumbly and will stick together when pressed
Press 3/4 of the mixture into prepared baking pan
Spread the Blackberry filling over the crust (can use store bought blackberry jam)
Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over the filling with your fingers
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden
Cool before cutting
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we've got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y'all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don't forget to enter the giveaway below! Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
PRIZE #5Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Square Springform Pan a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th - July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.