This post for Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2019 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the coming of spring than with food and a fun giveaway? 30 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! Get ready to ditch your hats, coats, and snow boots and get ready for some delicious sweet treats like cupcakes, cookies, sweet breads, and cocktails! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much Swiss Diamond, Dixie Crystals, Nancy’s Yogurt, Sprinkle Pop, Adams Extracts, Barleans, Melissa’s Produce, and PEEPS® for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!Jump to Recipe
Baking and creating in the kitchen has been a hobby/passion of mine for as long as I can remember. My earliest memory of creating something in the kitchen was when I was about 5 years old. It must have been family night because I was sitting on the counter making a “treat” for my family. This delicious treat consisted of flour, water, LOTS of salt and strawberry milk powder. It didn’t get baked, I just made my Mom and Dad eat the liquid mixture. It was pretty gross.
It seems that ever since then I have been experimenting in the kitchen and collecting recipes. This recipe for easy peanut butter cornflake bars I discovered in the first year I was married. These cereal bars were served at Kinder Castle, the daycare where I worked in Hattiesburg, MS. I asked for the recipe and it has been a family favorite ever since.
I was so excited to use my new Swiss Diamond stock pot to make peanut butter cornflake bars. It has been kept busy making all sorts of things in the kitchen. Swiss Diamond non-stick cookware is AMAZING. Clean-up is quick and easy (as you can see below). The cast iron aluminum body will never warp. Plus it is oven safe up to 500 degrees. Real diamond crystals are in the nonstick coating creating a pretty sparkle that I love. I can’t wait to add more Swiss Diamond pieces to my collection.
This recipe has only 4 ingredients and comes together in about 20 minutes. Usually I have all the ingredients in the pantry so it is an easy dessert to whip up last minute.
Once cooled cut the peanut butter cornflake bars into square. Keep in an airtight container or they will become too hard. They will stay fresh for up to a week.
Check out these other amazing sweets recipes!
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A PEEP into the Upcoming #SpringSweetsWeek Festivities by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coconut Lemon Pound Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars by Creative Southern Home
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Cream Pie by Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Crepes with Cherry Syrup by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts by A Savory Feast
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n' Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Toasted Pound Cake by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Strawberry and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
- Xangos by Palatable Pastime
Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars
Crunch cornflakes are coated in a chewing peanut butter syrup to create this delicious bar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy, natural peanut butter
- 6 cups cornflakes
In a large stock pot combine the sugar and corn syrup
Over medium-high heat bring to a boil, stirring often
Stir in Peanut Butter until well combined
Remove from the heat
Stir in Cornflakes, mixing well
press into a greased 7×11 baking pan
Let cool and cut into bars
I always spray my measuring cups with cooking spray for the corn syrup and peanut butter. It helps everything come out more easily.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.