Mummy Crinkle Cookies were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”Jump to Recipe
(There is a fabulous giveaway at the end of the post!)
I love creating fun halloween foods and I am thankful that Dixie Crystals and Wilton sent me some supplies to play with.
Mummy crinkle cookies are easy to make and really make a fun statement. I know for me things get busy around Halloween and event though I like to make fun themed food, I like it to be quick and easy.
How to make crinkle cookies
The longest part of this recipe is the need to chill the dough. It makes a sticky dough and to make it easier to roll into balls, chilling is necessary.
Sometimes I cheat a little and put the dough in the freezer for about 15 minutes. I also butter my hands with either butter or cooking spray so the dough doesn’t stick to my hands as easily.
Rolling the dough balls into lots of powdered sugar before baking is a perfect job for the kids to help with.
Making Mummy Cookies
These chocolate crinkle cookies are so easy to turn into mummy cookies. When the cookies come out of the oven carefully place candy eyes on the cookies to resemble mummies.
You can play around and have fun with big eyes, little eyes or even multiple eyes. Any way you do it they are super cute.
How to store
These cookies will stay fresh in an air tight container for up to a week. You can even freeze them so you can make them a head and have them at a moments notice.
I put them in a freezer container and then set them on the counter to thaw for 5-6 hours before serving.
Check out these other Halloween treats
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear's Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally's Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie's Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin' For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n' Cooks
Mummy Crinkle Cookies
chocolate cookies covered in powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- candy eyes
In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt
In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the oil, eggs, and vanilla until combined
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just combined
Do not over mix
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours. (This helps the dough to not be sticky)
Preheat the oven to 350°
Roll dough into 1" balls
Roll each ball into powdered sugar, covering completely
Place on a well greased cookie sheet
bake 10-11 minutes until just browned
Take out of the oven and place candy eyes on the cookies
Cool completely and enjoy.
Happy Halloween! It's October which means it's time for Spooky Season and this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear's Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can't wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we're sharing!
Plus, don't forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a "Dinner and Dessert Set" - ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack - including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize #6Prize # 6- Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th - October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam's Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.