This Skinny Lasagna is one of our favorite meals. I like it because I can make it ahead and pop it in the oven when I need a meal. I also know what sides I like to serve with it, so I don’t have to think about what else to fix with it. We usually enjoy our lasagna meal on Sundays. I will prepare it on Saturday night and put in the fridge. Then on Sunday morning I pop it in the oven before church, set the delay timer and when we walk in the door after church, the house smells wonderful and the lasagna is ready. It works out perfectly because we are always starving after church. I always do our lasagna without meat, because it makes such a great meatless meal. To compliment the meal I usually fix some roasted broccoli as a side. My kids love broccoli fixed this way, sometimes I can’t fix enough to satisfy them. I just toss cut up broccoli with a Tablespoon of olive oil, Spread it on a cookie sheet, Salt it to taste and then roast it in a 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. It tastes wonderful! I also serve garlic bread with this meal. I have found that we like a simple garlic bread from the freezer section. We like the taste and I like how easy it is to fix. I hope you enjoy this simple and easy recipe for Skinny lasagna, my family sure does!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 24 oz Spagetti Sauce
- 1 box lasagna noodles 16 ounce, uncooked
- 1 carton low fat cottage cheese 15 ounce
- 2 cups shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated low sodium Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan with 1/2 cup the sauce mixture.
- Arrange 1/3 of the noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped.
- Top with 1/2 of cottage cheese, 1/2 of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of sauce
- Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- cover with foil and bake for 1- 1 1/2 hours, until noodles are cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.