My Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
scroll down for a fabulous giveaway
What is Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
Now I’m not sure why this dessert is called a salad. It is layered dessert starting with a crust of crushed pretzels, butter and a small amount of sugar. Then a layer of cream cheese and whipped topping. Then it is all topped with a layer a jello and strawberries.
When it is all eaten together it is the most glorious blend of salty and sweet. The worst thing for me, is that I have trouble not eating all of it.
How do you make strawberry pretzel dessert?
Every time I have had this dessert at a potluck or Thanksgiving it has been made in a 9×13 pan. I decided to take it up a notch and use a springform pan to make a statement when it is served.
Anolon sent me this amazing non-stick and I gave it a try. I was nervous to see if it would work, especially with the Jello layer, but it came out fine.
When you make the Jello layer the strawberries are put into the liquid jello frozen so it helps it set up really fast.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9″ Springform pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl stir together pretzels, sugar and melted butter until well combined. The measurement give in the recipe for the pretzels is before you crush them. I put the pretzel twists in the food processor to really crunch them up fine. It make about 2 1/3 cups of crushed pretzels.
- Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. You want to get it firmly pressed together.
- Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes or until lightly golden
Cream Cheese Layer
- With an electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese and sugar together until well combined
- Gently fold in the whipped topping
- Spread evenly over the cooled crust making sure to seal the edges. This will help the Jello layer not seep into the crust.
- In a medium bowl mix together the boiling water and Jello
- Add the still frozen whole strawberries. They will help cool down the liquid and help it set quickly.
- let sit for 5 minutes until partially set
- Pour the Jello mixture over the cream cheese layer
- Chill until firm 2-3 hours
- Carefully run a butter knife around the edge of the springform pan
- Release the latch and take away the sides of the pan. Now your dessert is ready to serve
How to serve Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Since the springform pan is round I cut into pie shaped wedges. It has a nice thick crust so it will stay together well.
With the sides exposed you can really see all the layers of this dessert. It is so pretty to look and and even better to eat!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter's Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana's Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n' Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie's Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
Other dessert recipes you will love:
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 4 cups mini pretzel twists, finely crushed when crushed it will make about 2 1/3 cups of crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 8 oz container Neufchatel Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping thawed
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 .3 oz packages sugar free Strawberry Jello
- 1 16 oz package frozen strawberries, whole or sliced
Preheat the over to 350 degrees
Spray a 9" Springform pan with cooking spray
In a large bowl stir together pretzels, sugar and melted butter until well combined
Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the mixture into the bottom of the pan
Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes or until lightly golden
Cream Cheese Layer
With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined
Gently fold in the whipped topping
Spread evenly over the cooled crust making sure to seal the edges
In a medium bowl mix together the boiling water and Jello
Add the still frozen strawberries
let sit for 5 minutes until partially set
Pour the Jello mixture over the cream cheese layer
Chill until firm 2-3 hours
Carefully run a butter knife around the edge of the springform pan
Release the latch and take away the sides of the pan. Now your dessert is ready to serve
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we've got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y'all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don't forget to enter the giveaway below! Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
PRIZE #5Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Square Springform Pan a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th - July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.