White Chocolate Popcorn with Sprinkles is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
An easy 3 ingredient recipe for delicious white chocolate popcorn. A perfect treat for movie night or any time.
Popcorn is one of my family’s favorite treats. We like air-popped with butter and salt, homemade kettle corn, microwave popcorn, homemade caramel corn, and my favorite Peanut Butter Popcorn.
One of the best things about homemade popcorn is that it is quick and easy to make. Plus you can keep the ingredients handy in your pantry so you know you will always be able to make a quick treat.
White chocolate popcorn with sprinkles is one of those easy treats that people will go crazy for. It is also very easy to customize to the event, celebration or movie that you are enjoying it with. Just change the sprinkles, (and even the color of the popcorn) to match the occasion.
How do I make white chocolate drizzled popcorn?
All it takes to make a this sweet popcorn treat is popped popcorn, white chocolate chips and sprinkles of your choice. For this easter popcorn I used fun sprinkles from Sprinkle Pop. They have cute choices for any season, plus they are really delicious sprinkles.
After the popcorn is popped, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals stirring between each. Once the chips are all melted drizzle it over the popcorn, then add the sprinkles. That’s it.
Do I have to have an air popper?
No, you don’t have to have an air popper to pop your popcorn. You could do it on the stove top, or you could use microwave popcorn. If you use microwave popcorn don’t use an overly buttered flavor. You really want to use just plain popcorn.
Can I make pink white chocolate popcorn?
Yes! You can even make it green, blue, yellow, etc. Any color you desire. All it takes is a few drops of food coloring just as the white chocolate chips are melted. Stir those in well and you can have any color white chocolate popcorn.
Tips for making the best white chocolate popcorn
- My best tip for fixing any type of candied popcorn is to sift out the “old maid” kernels. The ones that didn’t pop. There is nothing worse than biting into white chocolate popcorn and killing a tooth on a kernel.
- The way I do this is using the air popper, pop the popcorn into a bowl. Then with clean hands gently lift the popcorn into another big bowl. Shake your hands as you do so will allow any kernels to fall into the first bowl.
- Use good white chocolate chips. For this recipe I use Ghiradelli brand. The quality of ingredients you use does make a difference.
- Don’t over-cook the white chocolate in the microwave. A good stirring can melt a lot of chocolate chips.
- Work quickly when you drizzle
Other easy treat recipes
I love to cook good foods for my family, and I love easy recipes. Love easy recipes too? Check out my 4 ingredient No Bake Lemon Icebox Pie or Easy One Bowl Banana Bread. And be sure and check out the cookies we make at least once a week: Famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chips cookies
Check out these other sweets recipes from other bloggers:
Tuesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Bird’s Nest Thumbprint Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Blood Orange Danish Puff Pastry Pinwheels by The Gingered Whisk
- Brownie & Ice Cream Peeps Pops by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Caramel Walnut French Toast Bake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Chick's Nests (aka Haystacks) by Books n' Cooks
- Chocolate Coconut Toasted Granola by Cooking With Carlee
- Classic Banana Pudding Parfaits by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Cottage Cheese Jello Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Coconut Sheet Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Fresh Key Lime Pie by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Daisy Tartlets by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Monster Cookie Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Orange Vanilla Creme Baked Donuts by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Orange Creme Smoothie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Ricotta Cake by The Tip Garden
- PEEPS Easter Bunny Vanilla cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Small Batch Double Lemon Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Spring Snack Mix by Sweet Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Sweet Rolls with Oatmilk Yogurt Frosting by The Baking Fairy
- Whipped Yogurt Fruit Tart by The Crumby Kitchen
- White Chocolate Popcorn with Sprinkles by Creative Southern Home
- Yogurt Parfait with Barlean's Orange Creme by Our Good Life
Easy White Chocolate Popcorn with Sprinkles
popcorn drizzled with white chocolate and sprinkles
- 12 cups air popped popcorn 1/2 cup unpopped kernels
- 11 oz white chocolate chips
- 2-3 oz sprinkles
Pop the popcorn in an air popper
Remove any un-popped kernels
Place the popcorn on a baking sheet in one layer
Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl
microwave for 30 seconds
stir the chips
microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each one until chips are all melted. (if you are using any food coloring this is when to do it once they are all melted)
Drizzle over the popcorn
Sprinkle any desired sprinkles over the white chocolate.
Allow to cool and set (about 30 minutes). If you are in a hurry you can put it in the refrigerator.
Don’t forget to Pin to Pinterest
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.