Witch cookies are fun, colorful, full of whimsy and so cute they will be a hit at any party.
I love Halloween because there are so many fun things you can do with food. Every October we fix mummy pizza weekly. I also make healthy jack-o-lantern peach cups. Then there are Harry Potter chocolate frogs which are fun to make and eat.
All I can say is that I love to play with my food and Halloween is the perfect time to do that.
These witch cookies use a lot of different cookies and candies, but they are really easy to decorate. I have the printable recipe below for the cookies and frosting, but you could use refrigerated cookie dough and pre-made frosting as well.
You will need:
24 3″ chocolate sugar cookies
24 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
24 candy corns
24 mini peanut butter sandwich cookies
48 small candy eyes
24 mini peanut butter cups
24 pretzel stick
To assemble cookies:
- Frost cookie
- separate chocolate sandwich cookie & cut one of the chocolate circle in half
- add 1 half of chocolate sandwich cookie cut in half
- place candy corn on top of chocolate cookie
- separate peanut butter sandwich cookie
- Add 1 half of mini peanut butter cookie for the face
- Place a dab of frosting on back of candy eye and place on cookie face
- cut 1/4 of pretzel stick off
- gently push the long pretzel stick into the bottom of peanut butter cup
- Place broom stick under the witch
Now they are ready to serve on a platter or you can bag them up for a Halloween party. Every time I look at these cookies they make me smile. They just turned out so cute.
I took them to a Halloween party this year and every LOVED them. The kids of course wanted to eat them with all the yummy treats on them. The adults kept saying how cute they were and then indulged in these delicious treats.
I hope you enjoy these fun halloween witch cookies.
Don’t forget to PIN to pinterest!